Greetings! GreenReaper. I received your brief note and really hope that WikiFur has an excellent chance to win the Ursa Major Awards's Best Website . :) But before that I noticed recently our page have the spambots problem. I hope that our editors spend their time in editing, not in fighting the spam messages. I would like to create a rule to prevent the anonymous IP users creating the new pages. But I almost blocked myself. :( Could you suggest the correct syntax for us? I believe that this rule would not affect the contribution of the high quality articles or good users. 狼王白牙 2012年4月7日 (六) 23:58 (HKT)
- This is a permissions rule, so it is better to implement it on the server side; I have done so. Anonymous users can no longer create new pages (including talk pages). GreenReaper 2012年4月8日 (日) 11:26 (HKT)
- Thank you very much. GreenReaper. :) 狼王白牙 2012年4月8日 (日) 12:56 (HKT)
I don't know if it's a good idea : 3[编辑]
Greetings, GreenReaper. I've noticed some a administration phenomena on Chinese WikiFur. You may know on WikiPedia, curators or colleagues might be removed their administration role if they have performed no actions within the past six months, and less than ten actions within the last year. I don't know if it works on WikiFur. Because some curators seemed disappear for almost ten years. When I ran the forums, I always give medals, administration roles to those who had highly activity. I found it work when people get some titles, they take more responsibility. So I would like to request for the bureaucrat role. Surely I've haven't brought many edits in these years, But it seemed people come to my talk page and asking questions or requests. I've heart that after 1.6 version of mediawiki, bureaucrat role was able to remove the history versions. It helps when people ask to be voluntarily excluded. I have no more things wanted to remove by getting the role. :))) My political opinion is “let the inactived curators retired if they don't come back in three years.” :) "Bring more actived curators here," Of course you might trust Kakurady more, and I've got the domain name : furwiki.com and might leave one day. But it's not happening now. :) What do you of my bad idea, GreenReaper? :3 -- 狼王白牙（讨论） 2022年3月13日 (日) 21:27 (HKT)
- I have no objections to surrendering my curator privileges. If inactive curators still retain permission, there is the risk that they may abuse the wiki after an extended absence, or their account may be taken over by malicious actors. The community should not have to trust these absent curators, especially when they hardly know them. This, of course, requires the presence of active and trustworthy curators, which may be lacking currently. Oh, and curators can already remove revisions. --卡库拉迪 (对话) 2022年4月11日 (一) 03:25 (HKT)
- Hey! We want you, Kakurady. You've proved yourself by coding templates, providing earlier articles. The most important is that you have highly language ability in both English and Chinese and, you earned the trust of this community. I meant if GreenReaper want to list the inactive curators as retired, whom are like Dbfox and OmegaCD whose last edit records were November 2009 and March 2009 and recruit more experienced curators, perhaps someone can do it for him. Someone has to do the dirty work. To be honest, if GreenReaper told me that he want to found a Chinese version at 2005 and ask if I want to be on board, perhaps there would be no Wolves' Paradise coordinative platform. So I guess that the early curators were found by lucky. XD But after thinking carefully these days, Requests for permissions might not work here, and it might cause more things to do. -- 狼王白牙🐾🐾🐾（到我的讨论页盖爪印）🐾🐾🐾 2022年4月11日 (一) 19:41 (HKT)
Chinese extremists are destroying the peace of wikifur[编辑]
Hello GreenReaper, sorry to bother you
I notice that there are/is Chinese extremist(s) forcibly edited pages that mentioning Taiwan into Taiwan a province of China
They are putting political issues into wikifur
Please disabled anonymous China IP users from editing
- Blocks are used to prevent damage or disruption to WikiFur, not to punish users. We are not sure if the edits made on your page were done by extremists or by a random case. If the same IP address repeats the edits several times, any sysops can block this address. However, we do not know if it is a VPN proxy address or not. Please monitor your own page for a few days. Blocking the IP might affect normal users as well. Also, anyone, including anonymous users, can revert your page for you. 狼王白牙（到我的讨论页盖爪印）🐾🐾 2023年7月31日 (一) 17:08 (HKT)
- I noticed this too.
But I don't think the so-called "extremist" ( I think it's unfair to call him/her this) is bringing political issues here.
Maybe he/she is bothering you for amusement.
I think one person can do all this since Chinese ISPs allocate a NEW IPv6 address each time a subscriber connects to Internet.
- I noticed this too.